In 1897 the first hotel, called Post, opened in St. Anton at the Arlberg. The hotel had 110 beds, central heating, electric light, billiard room, bowling alley and a tennis court. In 1919 there were already 328 guest beds in St. Anton until the First World War interrupted a further increase. The first ski club opened its doors in 1901 and held its first races. At that time Hannes Schneider revolutionised modern skiing and invented the Arlberg technique. In 1927 there were already 664 guest beds in St. Anton. In the 30’s Franck Arnold made some feature films in St. Anton which had a lasting influence on skiing in the whole Alps. As a result, the number of guests rose sharply again. In 1934, 55,000 overnight stays and 1000 beds were already counted.